Sunday, July 10, 2011

RSS feeds

Now to try an RSS feed.

One day I will try to make this blog look more professional but for now I just want to cover all the topics I need to.

My top toolbar has 3 new RSS feeds but where are they going to? When a site says "Subscribe now" where does it put them?

If they are going straight to my home computer not to my blog I am going to be upset (understatement). WE DO NOT HAVE THAT MUCH QUOTA!!

I think I need to access my Igoogle page to add RSS feeds and I cannot do that from home. So I think I had better undo all the RSS feeds on my toolbar because I am beginning to think they are going straight to my desktop without Igoogle activated.

I have managed to access my google account by changing the add feed box to google. So I hope I have now added an RSS feed to the State Library of Queensland. Now I just need to find out how to get rid of RSS feeds on my home computer.

2 comments:

  1. I love this post. it is exactly how we all feel when learning something new and when we don't know how it is working. Thank you for explaining and thinking about the process. I am sure there will eb lots of other people who are learning or will learn from your experience

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I have not found this unit easy. I have asked for lots of assistance.

    ReplyDelete